PRESS RELEASE - May 16, 2023
Jessica Accamando - 310-753-3960
Fiesta Hermosa Returns to the South Bay with a Nightly Beach Concert, Carnival, and Outdoor Shopping
The Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau bring back the 52+ year tradition of Fiesta Hermosa with some newly continued improvements to enhance the experience.
HERMOSA BEACH, CA (May 16, 2023) – The Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau announces the return of Memorial Day Fiesta, sponsored by Kona Brewing, Saturday through Monday, May 27, 28 & 29. This will be the only Fiesta this year. In place of the Labor Day Fiesta, the Chamber will produce “Locale 90254: Oktoberfest” during the weekend of September 30. The Chamber has also applied to produce the “Last Days of Summer Beach Concerts” in collaboration with Friends of the Parks “Movies at the Beach” for Labor Day weekend and the following weekend.
The Fiesta will take place throughout the entire downtown Hermosa Beach area from Pacific Coast Highway to the beach, and will feature family-friendly activities, live music, shopping booths, food and beverages, local retail and vendor promotions, and carnival rides and games. To accommodate all attendees, the event features remote, free shuttle parking.
“Most exciting this year is the news of our carnival relocation to upper Pier Avenue” says President/CEO Jessica Accamando. “Rides, games and a petting zoo will be located just east of the Makers Mercado in order to make access to the carnival easier and include all of the businesses along Pier Avenue.”
Upper Pier Ave. will have street closures for the Fiesta between Bard and Monterey Blvd. To see a map of Fiesta Hermosa, go to fiestahermosa.net.
- The Carnival: Located on Upper Pier Avenue between Bard and Monterey Blvd and sponsored by the Beach Cities Health District. This year the carnival will have live music brought to you by South Bay Music Connection and will feature local young musicians. The carnival will again feature rides, games, exhibits from local nonprofits, and food and beverages. It will also have a “Teen Lounge”. Hours are 11am to 7pm daily. For more info: fiestahermosa.net/carnival.
- The Beach Concert sponsored by Kona Brewing, Chevron, and Mic Drop Media: The music set time has been expanded to start at 2pm and go to 9pm, with local young talent opening the shows. The stage will be just south of the Pier and the lineup includes Jeremy Buck, Missus Jones (Amy Winehouse tribute), The Long Run (an Eagles tribute) Peace Frog (Doors tribute), K-Tel Allstars, Forever Rod (Rod Stewart tribute), Willowake, The Anti Groupies, and ti85. Go to fiestahermosa.net/music for more info.
- The Garden (21+): The Garden will have a $5/day cover charge and will have a game area, beverages, and live music playing daily from 11am – 7pm. The music lineup sponsored by Saint Rocke includes So Rad, Hi Fi Soundtrack, Rock Stallion, Safety Orange, Joker’s Hand and Brobots. Featured beverages include: The Brews Hall, Project Barley, Hermosa Brewing Co, Uncorked, and Nosotros Tequila. Go to fiestahermosa.net/garden for more info.
- The Makers Mercado sponsored by Baker, Burton and Lundy: From 11am – 7pm, the Makers Mercado will feature 225+ shopping vendors as well as brand activations and Shopfest pop-up market along the streets. See fiestahermosa.net/market for more info.
- Food Fair: Located on 11th Street just outside The Garden, guests can grab their food and shop, sit and enjoy, or take their food into the Garden. Open daily from 11am – 7pm. For more info: fiestahermosa.net/eat.
- Bicycle Corral sponsored by Hermosa Cyclery: Bicycle valet returns to the beach between 10th and 11th St. entrances. The Bicycle Corral is set up and managed by Hermosa Cyclery.
- Java Man Stage: Located on the corner of Manhattan Ave. and Pier Ave., this coffee shop corner will be full of music all weekend long. See talent at fiestahermosa.net/music.
Additional activities: Sunset Vibes Silent Disco (Sat), Comedy and Magic Club shows (Sat/Sun), a Memorial Day ceremony on the beach stage (Mon).
The Fiesta is free and open to the public.
About Fiesta Hermosa
For 52 years, Fiesta has been filling Hermosa’s streets with art, music, and fun. Fiesta de las Artes, as it was originally named, celebrated artisan culture and welcomed visitors from all around to the beach to shop and enjoy the art. For more than a decade, Fiesta has been known as Southern California’s largest beachside arts and craft festival. But we in Hermosa like to think of Fiesta simply as a treasured tradition.
About the Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau
The Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau in unlike any other Chamber. Coming out of the pandemic, our member base is quickly growing because we actively promote, support, and advocate for our business community. Hermosa's unique makeup of mostly small business puts our focus on building community and giving a voice to every member—large and small. We provide resources, events, and tools to help our members succeed. Find us at hbchamber.net and join in the movement.