PRESS RELEASE - Aug 15, 2022
Jessica Accamando - 310-753-3960
Fiesta Hermosa Returns to the South Bay with a Nightly Beach Concert, Expanded Carnival, and Huge Outdoor Shopping Experience
The Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau bring back the 51+ year tradition of Fiesta Hermosa with some newly continued improvements to enhance the experience.
HERMOSA BEACH, CALIF. (August 15, 2022) — Following a successful Memorial Day Fiesta, the Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau announces the return of Labor Day Weekend Fiesta Hermosa for three full days. In its 51st year, the popular festival will take over the city on Saturday, September 3-5 with an expanded footprint, beach concert, beverage garden, and bigger and better carnival at the Community Center.
The event will take place throughout the entire downtown Hermosa Beach area from Pacific Coast Highway to the beach, and will feature family-friendly activities, live music, shopping booths, food and beverage offerings, local retail and vendor promotions, and carnival rides and games. To accommodate all attendees, the event features remote, free shuttle parking thanks to Supervisor Holly Mitchell’s office.
“Fiesta Hermosa is starting to get comfortable in its new upgraded format. We're excited to take feedback from Memorial Day and continue the improvements,” said Jessica Accamando, President & CEO of the Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau. “We are upgrading the Carnival offerings with shade, seating, more fun, and even an area for parents to enjoy adult beverages while their kids enjoy the carnival.”
Fiesta Hermosa will take place all throughout downtown and there is a map on the homepage of fiestahermosa.net. But the following areas are highlights for all:
- The Carnival: Located in the community center parking lot at 710 Pier Avenue and sponsored by Beach Cities Health District. The new location allows for a bigger and better carnival that will feature 7 rides, 4 games, a dunk tank, exhibits from local nonprofits and food and bev. It will also feature a "Parents' Party" area where beer and wine will be sold to parents wanting to escape the heat but watch their kids. Its hours are 11am to 7pm daily. Anyone parking in remote parking will have the opportunity to stop here first as there’s a stop on Pacific Coast Highway and Pier. Learn more at fiestahermosa.net/carnival
- The Chevron Beach Concert: The main stage of Fiesta is brought to you by Chevron and can be found just south of the Pier! Bands will play every day from 4pm - 9pm. The lineup includes Dog N Butterfly, Hollywood Stones, Pretzel Logic, Kevin Sousa Band, Barley and Mad Dogs. See fiestahermosa.net/music
- The Garden 21+: Previously known as the Beer Garden, the Garden will feature lots of fun and has a $5/day cover charge for the LIVE music daily from 11am - 7pm. The Patrick Molloy's Game area is fun for all day and there’s also an available upgraded experience (limited tickets) for the Sierra Nevada Tea West All Access area on sale soon for $60/day that includes private bathrooms, drink services and free water and snacks. On the SmartWater music stage, you can find the South Bay Jam, Sister Knot, Soul Shot, Tommy Peacock, Time Bomb, and the Lucky Ones. Guests will be carded and wristbanded (with new wristbands each day). fiestahermosa.net/garden
The Garden features:
- Beverage offerings from The Brews Hall, Project Barley, Hermosa Brewing Company, Uncorked, Sierra Nevada, Tea West, and Smoke Lab Vodka.
- Sierra Nevada ALL ACCESS area with garden admission, covered lounge seating, designated bathrooms, one drink ticket, free water and snacks and beverage service sponsored by Sierra Nevada and Tea West.
- The SmartWater music stage of music from Crow Hill, Pop Vision, Angry Donkey, K-Tel Allstars, Wild Shot, and Dick the Citizen.
- And the Patrick Molloy's Garden Games area with corn hole, jenga, pong, and more.
- Free same-day re-entry
- The Makers Mercado: This treasured area is back daily from 11am - 6pm! It’s all of the shopping vendors in the streets that folks have come to love about Fiesta. Join over 225+ vendors and shop all day. Newly added is a pop-up market in the center of it all from the Sun & Sea Collective. Search for favorite vendors soon here fiestahermosa.net/market
- Food Fair: Located on 11th Street just outside the Garden. Guests can grab their food and shop, sit and enjoy, or take it into the Garden. Open daily from 11am - 6pm. Find a list of vendors soon here fiestahermosa.net/eat
- Bicycle Corral: Bicycle valet returns to the beach between 10th and 11th street entrances. The Bicycle Corral is setup and managed by local Bicycle Clubs and Hermosa Cyclery.
- Java Man Stage: Located on the corner of Manhattan Avenue and Pier, this coffee shop corner will be full of music all weekend long. See talent at fiestahermosa.net/music
All Access tickets are on sale now. Visit to fiestahermosa.net to purchase. The cover charge for the Garden is $5 per day. Everything else at Fiesta is free and open to the public.
For more information about Fiesta Hermosa, visit www.fiestahermosa.net.
About Fiesta Hermosa
For 51 years, Fiesta has been filling Hermosa’s streets with art, music, and fun. Fiesta de las Artes, as it was originally named, celebrated artisan culture and welcomed visitors from all around to the beach to shop and enjoy the art. For more than a decade, Fiesta has been known as Southern California’s largest beachside arts and craft festival. But we in Hermosa like to think of Fiesta simply as a treasured tradition.
About the Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau
The Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau in unlike any other Chamber. Coming out of the pandemic, our member base is quickly growing because we actively promote, support, and advocate for our business community. Hermosa's unique makeup of mostly small business puts our focus on building community and giving a voice to every member—large and small. We provide resources, events, and tools to help our members succeed. Find us at hbchamber.net and join in the movement.